Experience the beauty of Todos Santos, El Pueblo Magico. Meet the locals. Discover the natural, cultural and culinary delights as you step back in time in a true Mexican oasis.
Baja California Sur was once an island and is a natural wonder, with an ecosystem unlike anywhere on the planet. With what Jacques Cousteau described as the “Aquarium to the World” (the Sea of Cortez) on one side and the Pacific Ocean on the other, the area has a very high rate of endemism in both plants and wildlife.
Our guides have lived in Baja for over a decade and are certified Wilderness First Responders, each very knowledgeable about local history, flora, fauna. They are all great story tellers who love sharing their home town with visitors to the area. We’ve that the most important aspect of a successful adventure is having fun people with whom to spend a few days adventuring.
CalyCanto is pleased to offer EcoTour Packages in Todos Santos at the promotional rate of $200 per person, per night (min 4 ppl). This promotional rate includes:
• Fully furnished luxury 2BR 2BA casitas for 4-6 people.
• One activity from List A or two activities from List B per night stayed.
• Refrigerator stocked with fresh fruit, cereal, juices for breakfast.
• Knowledgeable, experienced local guides.
• Transportation to and from CalyCanto to activities in 4×4 Suburbans.
• Meals where indicated.
• Airport transport can be arranged for an extra fee.
Day 1: Arrival
Airport Transport Can be Arranged for a Fee
Possible Day 2:
Morning: Desert Triple Waterfall Adventure
Evening: Mexican Cooking Lessons with Local Chef
Possible Day 3:
Morning: Cliff Walk and Beach Picnic
Evening: Champagne, Stars & Cactus
Possible Day 4:
All Day: Swimming with the Sea Lions
Possible Day 5:
All Day: Trip to San Vicente/Visit Mountain Potters
• Horseback Riding
In addition to its magnificent desert scenery, Todos Santos has 70 miles of pristine, virtually empty beach for you to enjoy on horseback. We can arrange guides who are not only experienced riders, but also avid birders and naturalists who enjoy sharing their local knowledge. Morning and sunset rides are available for riders of all skill levels. About 1.5 hours. Picnic lunch on beach.
• Swimming with the Sea Lions
A truly incredible experience, snorkeling and playing with the sea lion pups at the permanent sea lion colony of Los Islotes. Includes guide, lunch, all gear and transportation. 90 minutes drive each way to/from La Paz.
• Trip to San Vicente/Visit Mountain Potters
This is a fantastic opportunity to experience the traditional way of life of the mountain ranchers in Baja. We’ll meet local potters in a true mountain oasis, and learn how Baja Californians have carved their homes and livings out of the mountains for centuries. Doña Ramona will give us a pottery class while sharing her ranching way of life. Her family will prepare an incredibly delicious ranch lunch for us, and will give us a tortilla-making lesson just before dining. Driving is 90 minutes roundtrip.
• Desert Triple Waterfall Adventure
Hike through incredible desert canyon featuring 3 waterfalls and fantastic desert scenery. 4 hours roundtrip, 2.5 hours walking. Picnic lunch at waterfall.
• Mexican Cooking Lessons with Local Chef
First, learn to make a great margarita. Second, pay attention, because you have to eat what you make! Mucho music, margaritas and great Mexican food!
• Cliff Walk and Beach Picnic
Terrific scenery featuring sea lions, birds, whales and cactus. Picnic lunch on pristine, palm-ringed beach. Swimming at the beach. 3.5 hours of walking, unlimited time for lunch, swimming, relaxing on beach.
• Champagne, Stars & Cactus
Beautiful evening of stargazing with champagne and local astronomer. Aztec, Mayan and Greek mythologies explored while exploring the skies. Includes dinner.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Event – 4th Annual Gastrovino Food and Wine Festival – April 24 – 26, 2015
- Event – 12th Annual Todos Santos Film Festival – March 12-22, 2015
- Activities Index
- Event – Todos Santos Patron Saint Fiesta – October 10-13, 2013
- Event – 10th Annual Todos Santos Film Festival – February 20-25, 2013